Millom landlord banned from driving
Last updated at 17:09, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
A Millom landlord has been banned from driving after admitting being drunk at the wheel.
David John Eley, of Bedford Street, Millom, pleaded guilty to drink driving in Furness Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.
Eley, 57, was caught driving a Vauxhall Zafira in Bedford Street, Millom, when breathalysed police found him with 91mg of alcohol in 100ml of breath, the legal limit is 35mg.
Eley, who runs the Peel Hotel, in Millom, also pleaded guilty to failing to attend court on April 29.
The case was adjourned for a medical certificate to be produced.
Eley was disqualified from driving and will be sentenced on May 27.
First published at 14:32, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|