Millom landlord banned from driving
Last updated at 17:09, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
A Millom landlord has been banned from driving after admitting being drunk at the wheel.
David John Eley, of Bedford Street, Millom, pleaded guilty to drink driving in Furness Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.
Eley, 57, was caught driving a Vauxhall Zafira in Bedford Street, Millom, when breathalysed police found him with 91mg of alcohol in 100ml of breath, the legal limit is 35mg.
Eley, who runs the Peel Hotel, in Millom, also pleaded guilty to failing to attend court on April 29.
The case was adjourned for a medical certificate to be produced.
Eley was disqualified from driving and will be sentenced on May 27.
First published at 14:32, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Cumbrian police officer killed in road collision (2 comments)
- Secret death of baby girl - father questioned
- Ex-GB star returns to Haven ranks
- I sat at someone’s door to get a job
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- Event to serve up treat to businesses
- Boys hold charity walk in memory of Rylan
- Furness gymnasts spring into action - picture special
- Beach picnic is too much fun
- South Lakes rescue team hopes for radio mast at windfarm
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|