Millom Hospital campaigners to march tonight
Last updated at 09:07, Wednesday, 07 May 2014
CAMPAIGNERS will join in a march tonight in a fight to protect services at Millom Hospital.
The march will take place at 6pm, starting outside Millom Community Hospital, in Lapstone Road. More than 2,000 people are expected to attend.
The hospital has been closed to admissions since April due to a shortage of staff.
Members of the public fear the hospital will be closed for good – despite reassurances to the contrary from the Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Cumbria Commissioning Group.
First published at 08:23, Wednesday, 07 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|