Millom dental staff's dog poo woe
Last updated at 08:52, Tuesday, 21 January 2014
ANGRY Cumbria dental nurses say they are fed up with having to remove bags of dog dirt and household waste which are being dumped on land belonging to their practice.
The land at Horn Hill Dental Practice in Millom, has been used as a dumping ground for bags of dog dirt, recycling waste and bags of general rubbish.
Nurses from the practice have been clearing the land on a rota basis – and have warned the culprits they are not willing to take it any longer.
Practice manager Helen Robinson said: “It has been ongoing for around six to eight months.
“The nurses do make sure the land at the side of the property is cleaned out.
“But on Thursday we pulled 15 bags of dog waste and nine bags of general rubbish out.
“People seem to be just throwing the bags over the fence.
“We think it is just one person because all the bags are all the same light green colour.”
Copeland Borough Council has installed a sign asking dog walkers not to dump waste, and has agreed to install a dog waste bin at the site – but Ms Robinson says the practice is considering placing CCTV as an added deterrent.
“We just want people to know there’s a threat there. I have worked here 14 years and I have never seen it this bad.
“It makes you wonder about the thought processes of some people,” she said.
The land is intended for use to secure the walls of the building in the future, due to possible subsidence issues.
It is fenced off from the public, but that has not prevented opportunistic fly tippers from taking advantage.
“Somebody keeps leaving their recycling in bags,” said Ms Robinson.
“What we don’t understand is that they have taken the time to wash out all the empty containers only to throw it over the fence,” she added.
“We just want to let people know that it is not acceptable.”
First published at 08:47, Tuesday, 21 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|