Man suffers serious injuries in suspected Barrow attack
Last updated at 23:46, Monday, 12 March 2012
POLICE have launched an appeal after a man suffered serious facial injuries in Barrow.
On Friday at 4pm police were called to a flat on Schooner Street, Barrow Island, after a 28-year-old local man was found with severe facial injuries.
He is said to be in a stable condition at Furness General Hospital.
Police are trying to establish the exact circumstances of how he came about these injuries, which could have been inflicted by a blunt weapon. A full investigation is currently underway in Barrow CID, and officers are checking local CCTV and conducting door to door enquires.
Sergeant John Dilks said: “If you were in the Barrow Island area anytime Thursday into Friday this week and saw a disturbance or anyone being assaulted then please contact us. Likewise, even if you didn’t witness the assault, we are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the injured man return to Schooner Street. We cannot put an exact time frame or location on this incident yet, and we appealing for the public’s assistance.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Barrow CID on 101 or provide information to police anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 08:56, Monday, 12 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|