Man suffers serious injuries in suspected Barrow attack
Last updated at 23:46, Monday, 12 March 2012
POLICE have launched an appeal after a man suffered serious facial injuries in Barrow.
On Friday at 4pm police were called to a flat on Schooner Street, Barrow Island, after a 28-year-old local man was found with severe facial injuries.
He is said to be in a stable condition at Furness General Hospital.
Police are trying to establish the exact circumstances of how he came about these injuries, which could have been inflicted by a blunt weapon. A full investigation is currently underway in Barrow CID, and officers are checking local CCTV and conducting door to door enquires.
Sergeant John Dilks said: “If you were in the Barrow Island area anytime Thursday into Friday this week and saw a disturbance or anyone being assaulted then please contact us. Likewise, even if you didn’t witness the assault, we are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the injured man return to Schooner Street. We cannot put an exact time frame or location on this incident yet, and we appealing for the public’s assistance.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Barrow CID on 101 or provide information to police anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 08:56, Monday, 12 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- UPDATE: Woman airlifted to hospital and road closed after Barrow crash
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|