Man suffers serious injuries in suspected Barrow attack
Last updated at 23:46, Monday, 12 March 2012
POLICE have launched an appeal after a man suffered serious facial injuries in Barrow.
On Friday at 4pm police were called to a flat on Schooner Street, Barrow Island, after a 28-year-old local man was found with severe facial injuries.
He is said to be in a stable condition at Furness General Hospital.
Police are trying to establish the exact circumstances of how he came about these injuries, which could have been inflicted by a blunt weapon. A full investigation is currently underway in Barrow CID, and officers are checking local CCTV and conducting door to door enquires.
Sergeant John Dilks said: “If you were in the Barrow Island area anytime Thursday into Friday this week and saw a disturbance or anyone being assaulted then please contact us. Likewise, even if you didn’t witness the assault, we are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the injured man return to Schooner Street. We cannot put an exact time frame or location on this incident yet, and we appealing for the public’s assistance.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Barrow CID on 101 or provide information to police anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 08:56, Monday, 12 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery