Man saved from capsized dinghy near Piel Island
Last updated at 13:30, Sunday, 06 April 2014
A MAN who capsized a dinghy near Piel Island was helped out by inshore rescue.
Barrow’s inshore lifeboat was tending to a broken down yacht near the island yesterday at 2.30pm when they came across the man in the waters.
They helped get him back to shore and the incident was resolved within 45 minutes.
First published at 13:24, Sunday, 06 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow AFC well beaten by five-star Luton Town (11 comments)
- Beckermet WI
- ‘Exodus’ academic to advise top Tory
- Free sports for girls
- No title
- State-of-the-art academy will benefit everyone says principal (48 comments)
- Island to get a Tesco – with 20 new jobs (32 comments)
- Wreaths on the way if we hear nothing
- Cuts will hit police front line (6 comments)
- Spiralling costs force businessman to shut cafe (3 comments)
- Man killed by train
- Cumbrian death crash family left ‘devastated’ by court verdict
- Police launch investigation after biker killed in Ulverston crash (4 comments)
- First Roman watermill discovered in West Cumbria (2 comments)
- Bag of rubber bullets found after Cumbria Police "misplaced" them
- Video binoculars catch speeders
- Flooded holiday park to reopen after renovation
- Lindal take it on the chin
- Dalton Miss South Lakes contest finalist in bug-eating test
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|