Man 'pulled woman to floor' in alleged Cumbria assault
Last updated at 09:08, Monday, 12 May 2014
POLICE are appealing for information following an alleged assault in Cumbria which involved a man pulling a woman to the floor.
The alleged incident happened in Wigton Road, Carlisle on Saturday sometime between 11.30pm and 11.45pm near to the junction of Peel Street. It involved a male allegedly pulling a 23-year-old woman to the floor, causing minor injuries.
A 30-year-old man from Carlisle was arrested on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm. He has been bailed until May 22.
Police are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the pair arguing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 and ask to speak to DC Cath McFadden. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 09:06, Monday, 12 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|