Man pleads not guilty to Barrow manslaughter
Last updated at 16:16, Sunday, 14 October 2012
A MAN charged with manslaughter following a Barrow street attack has pleaded not guilty.
Andrew Logan, of Rawlinson Street in Barrow, appeared at Preston Crown Court following the death of Paul Green on May 4.
Mr Green, also from Barrow, was found in Penrith Street by a passer-by the previous day and taken to hospital in a critical condition.
He died in Furness General Hospital the following evening.
Mr Logan appeared in court for a plea and case management hearing yesterday and his trial was set for November 20, at Preston Crown Court.
He was released on bail on the same conditions he had already been given.
Mr Logan has been ordered to reside at an address in Ashton-under-Lyne and not to enter Cumbria except for arranged visits with his solicitor.
He is also ordered not to enter any premises that sell alcohol or to consume alcohol in a public place. His next appearance in court will be on October 29 for a pre-trial review.
The funeral of Mr Green, of Adelphi Court, was held in Barrow last month on what would have been the birthday of his brother, who also died in tragic circumstances.
Barry Green was stabbed to death in Barrow Park in November 1999. Another brother, David, died from leukaemia aged 11.
First published at 13:07, Sunday, 14 October 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Building work at Barrow care home set to restart
- Driver who crashed in Walney sought by police
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Man, 65, suffers serious injuries in 40m Lake District fall
- Cat charge admitted by Barrow woman
- Water supply cut off in Ulverston
- Cumbria man reunites with Korean Zen master
- Former Barrow children’s doctor accused of failings defends his treatment
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Barrow AFC boss drops Taylor deal hint
- Barrow Raiders boss holds injury concern
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Evening Mail's Emma learns the lessons of triathlon bid
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|