Man pleads not guilty to Barrow manslaughter
Last updated at 16:16, Sunday, 14 October 2012
A MAN charged with manslaughter following a Barrow street attack has pleaded not guilty.
Andrew Logan, of Rawlinson Street in Barrow, appeared at Preston Crown Court following the death of Paul Green on May 4.
Mr Green, also from Barrow, was found in Penrith Street by a passer-by the previous day and taken to hospital in a critical condition.
He died in Furness General Hospital the following evening.
Mr Logan appeared in court for a plea and case management hearing yesterday and his trial was set for November 20, at Preston Crown Court.
He was released on bail on the same conditions he had already been given.
Mr Logan has been ordered to reside at an address in Ashton-under-Lyne and not to enter Cumbria except for arranged visits with his solicitor.
He is also ordered not to enter any premises that sell alcohol or to consume alcohol in a public place. His next appearance in court will be on October 29 for a pre-trial review.
The funeral of Mr Green, of Adelphi Court, was held in Barrow last month on what would have been the birthday of his brother, who also died in tragic circumstances.
Barry Green was stabbed to death in Barrow Park in November 1999. Another brother, David, died from leukaemia aged 11.
First published at 13:07, Sunday, 14 October 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- UPDATE: Woman airlifted to hospital and road closed after Barrow crash
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|