Pensioner hit by car taken to hospital
Last updated at 17:07, Wednesday, 26 March 2014
A pensioner was taken to hospital after he was hit by a car while crossing a Barrow road yesterday
The 69-year-old man was taken to Furness General Hospital after the accident in Barrow yesterday at about 4pm.
He was on a crossing at Schneider Square roundabout, off Dalton Road, opposite The Albion pub, when he was hit by the silver Nissan Primera.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance conscious and breathing.
His injuries were not believed to be serious. Police were also at the scene.
First published at 16:30, Tuesday, 25 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|