UPDATE: Man appears in court over Windermere boat deaths
Last updated at 12:00, Wednesday, 18 June 2014
A MAN has appeared in court charged with the manslaughter of his partner and her daughter who died after falling ill on a boat on Windermere last year.
Matthew Stuart Eteson, of Church Road, Leyland, issued no plea before South Lakeland Magistrates' Court today.
Kelly Webster, 36, and ten-year-old Lauren Thornton were found suffering from breathing difficulties onboard the vessel while holidaying on Windermere on April 1 2013.
An inquiry later found they were killed by fumes from a generator.
Eteson, wearing a grey suit, spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth.
He has been ordered to appear at a preliminary hearing at Carlisle Crown Court on July 7.
First published at 08:26, Wednesday, 18 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Turning back the clock - Old Prudhoe (11 comments)
- Cyclist injured in Prudhoe road accident
- Tesco to turn Mills into a One Stop shop
- 400 homes mapped out for Prudhoe hospital grounds
- Prudhoe: Vehicle access gets green light
- Planning application submitted for new Prudhoe school
- Mickley: Homes scheme unveiled
- Time to take a hard-line stance
- Ovingham Bridge programme seven weeks behind schedule
- Prudhoe mum and daughter die in road crash
- Festive safety tips
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|