Man charged with assault on Barrow PC and drink driving
Last updated at 17:18, Tuesday, 04 February 2014
A MAN charged with assaulting a PC and drink driving was due to appear in court today.
William Alexander Morris, of Ravenstone Drive, Halifax, is also accused of failing to stop after an accident and failing to report an accident.
All of the alleged offences are said to relate to the aftermath of an incident in Salthouse Road, Barrow, on November 16 last year involving a BMW 320.
It is alleged Morris, 33, was found to have 89mg of alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35mg.
Morris has entered no pleas. He was due to appear today in Furness Magistrates’ Court.
First published at 17:09, Tuesday, 04 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|