Man arrested after woman's skull fractured in Barrow attack
Last updated at 16:56, Wednesday, 29 January 2014
DETECTIVES are investigating after a woman was taken to hospital following an attack.
A 38-year-old Barrow woman was taken to hospital after the attack at an address in Longway, Barrow, at around 12.30am today.
The woman was left with head injuries, understood to be a fractured skull, following the attack.
An ambulance was called and the woman was taken to Furness General Hospital, where she remains in a stable condition.
Police have arrested a 33-year-old man from Barrow on suspicion of grievous bodily harm following the attack, a spokeswoman said he was ‘helping police with their enquiries’.
First published at 16:54, Wednesday, 29 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Glorious pub grub
- Police urge public to report selfish parkers in Ulverston (10 comments)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (59 comments)
- New youth structure brought under Barrow AFC banner (14 comments)
- ‘I love Ulverston because...’ Paul Jarvis
- Ulverston homes plan ‘on hold’ amid A590 safety fears (5 comments)
- Education drive launched in memory of Ulverston man
- Motorist forced car to hit kerb on Ulverston roundabout (3 comments)
- Dog fans fill the fell tops
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|