Man arrested after woman's skull fractured in Barrow attack
Last updated at 16:56, Wednesday, 29 January 2014
DETECTIVES are investigating after a woman was taken to hospital following an attack.
A 38-year-old Barrow woman was taken to hospital after the attack at an address in Longway, Barrow, at around 12.30am today.
The woman was left with head injuries, understood to be a fractured skull, following the attack.
An ambulance was called and the woman was taken to Furness General Hospital, where she remains in a stable condition.
Police have arrested a 33-year-old man from Barrow on suspicion of grievous bodily harm following the attack, a spokeswoman said he was ‘helping police with their enquiries’.
First published at 16:54, Wednesday, 29 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery