Man arrested after woman's skull fractured in Barrow attack
Last updated at 16:56, Wednesday, 29 January 2014
DETECTIVES are investigating after a woman was taken to hospital following an attack.
A 38-year-old Barrow woman was taken to hospital after the attack at an address in Longway, Barrow, at around 12.30am today.
The woman was left with head injuries, understood to be a fractured skull, following the attack.
An ambulance was called and the woman was taken to Furness General Hospital, where she remains in a stable condition.
Police have arrested a 33-year-old man from Barrow on suspicion of grievous bodily harm following the attack, a spokeswoman said he was ‘helping police with their enquiries’.
First published at 16:54, Wednesday, 29 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (11 comments)
- Last-minute agony for Barrow Raiders (4 comments)
- UPDATE SUNDAY 2.40PM: A595 closed in Cumbria - roadworks location switched (1 comment)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|