Man and teenager arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in Cumbria
Last updated at 08:46, Monday, 31 March 2014
A MAN and a teenager have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in Cumbria.
Police were called at 1.35pm on Sunday March 30 2014 to a report of an assault at Central Avenue, Egremont.
A 46 -year-old local man was taken to West Cumberland Hospital by ambulance in a critical condition.
A man aged 57 and 17-year-old boy, both from the Egremont area, have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and are being questioned at Workington Police Station.
Detective Superintendent Slattery from Cumbria Police said: “We are taking this incident very seriously and will be investigating thoroughly to establish exactly what has happened.
“If anyone has any information about this incident please call Cumbria Police on 101 and ask for Detective Sergeant Vasey, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
Police have stressed that no firearms were involved in this incident, and there was no danger to the general public at any time.
First published at 22:15, Sunday, 30 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with Oxford win: with picture gallery (11 comments)
- McBanned - Barrow drunk's fast food reprimand (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|