Man admits quad bike burglary in South Cumbria
Last updated at 17:29, Friday, 29 August 2014
A MAN has admitted stealing a quad bike from an outbuilding in a South Cumbria village.
Jason Gorton pleaded guilty to the burglary of a Honda quad bike when he appeared at Furness Magistrates Court today.
The 39-year-old took the vehicle, valued at £2,7000, from an outbuilding in Allithwaite in the early hours of yesterday.
Following a brief police pursuit Gorton was arrested nearby and later charged.
Gorton, appeared at the Barrow court from custody. The magistrates remanded him in custody. Gorton, of Girvan Grove, Burnley, is due to appear at Preston Crown Court on Friday September 19.
Detective Constable Matthew McFall, of Barrow CID said: “Often offences of this type are committed by opportunists who target rural outbuildings, and in this instant travelled to Cumbria from outside the area to commit crime.
“I would like to reiterate that people should be cautious about how and where they store valuable items, including vehicles and tools. Please ensure your outbuildings are locked and secured when unattended.
“This charge has come about in no small part due to the good relationship between Cumbria police and the community.
“Should you see incidents of a similar nature we will be eager to hear from you. We will act upon the information as we endeavour to bring those responsible for crime within Cumbria to justice.”
First published at 17:27, Friday, 29 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Inspector Paul Latham
- THESE BOYS HAVE ALL THE WHITE STUFF
- Celebrate unveiling of Hoad monument
- Three year ban for Barrow AFC fan
- South Cumbria waitress who was over the limit banned
- Queen’s medal honour for inspirational Ulverston sisters
- Proud day as Astute enters navy service
- Sir John Barrow Monument
- Rescue heroes need cash aid
- Incredible volunteer manager nominated for Heart of Ulverston award (1 comment)
- Inspector Paul Latham
- Ulverston homes plan ‘on hold’ amid A590 safety fears (5 comments)
- Motorist forced car to hit kerb on Ulverston roundabout (3 comments)
- Glorious pub grub
- Police urge public to report selfish parkers in Ulverston (10 comments)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (59 comments)
- New youth structure brought under Barrow AFC banner (14 comments)
- ‘I love Ulverston because...’ Paul Jarvis
- Education drive launched in memory of Ulverston man
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|