Man admits quad bike burglary in South Cumbria
Last updated at 17:29, Friday, 29 August 2014
A MAN has admitted stealing a quad bike from an outbuilding in a South Cumbria village.
Jason Gorton pleaded guilty to the burglary of a Honda quad bike when he appeared at Furness Magistrates Court today.
The 39-year-old took the vehicle, valued at £2,7000, from an outbuilding in Allithwaite in the early hours of yesterday.
Following a brief police pursuit Gorton was arrested nearby and later charged.
Gorton, appeared at the Barrow court from custody. The magistrates remanded him in custody. Gorton, of Girvan Grove, Burnley, is due to appear at Preston Crown Court on Friday September 19.
Detective Constable Matthew McFall, of Barrow CID said: “Often offences of this type are committed by opportunists who target rural outbuildings, and in this instant travelled to Cumbria from outside the area to commit crime.
“I would like to reiterate that people should be cautious about how and where they store valuable items, including vehicles and tools. Please ensure your outbuildings are locked and secured when unattended.
“This charge has come about in no small part due to the good relationship between Cumbria police and the community.
“Should you see incidents of a similar nature we will be eager to hear from you. We will act upon the information as we endeavour to bring those responsible for crime within Cumbria to justice.”
First published at 17:27, Friday, 29 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park boss tells his own story (27 comments)
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Medal double for Ulverston sprinter Simpson
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Naked men seen walking through Dalton (15 comments)
- Bill’s beach is brought to life
- Hundreds turn out to see the newest nightclub in Barrow (16 comments)
- South Cumbria wag to return to our screens in The Real Housewives of Cheshire
- Dalton NatWest branch set to close (5 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|