Man admits quad bike burglary in South Cumbria
Last updated at 17:29, Friday, 29 August 2014
A MAN has admitted stealing a quad bike from an outbuilding in a South Cumbria village.
Jason Gorton pleaded guilty to the burglary of a Honda quad bike when he appeared at Furness Magistrates Court today.
The 39-year-old took the vehicle, valued at £2,7000, from an outbuilding in Allithwaite in the early hours of yesterday.
Following a brief police pursuit Gorton was arrested nearby and later charged.
Gorton, appeared at the Barrow court from custody. The magistrates remanded him in custody. Gorton, of Girvan Grove, Burnley, is due to appear at Preston Crown Court on Friday September 19.
Detective Constable Matthew McFall, of Barrow CID said: “Often offences of this type are committed by opportunists who target rural outbuildings, and in this instant travelled to Cumbria from outside the area to commit crime.
“I would like to reiterate that people should be cautious about how and where they store valuable items, including vehicles and tools. Please ensure your outbuildings are locked and secured when unattended.
“This charge has come about in no small part due to the good relationship between Cumbria police and the community.
“Should you see incidents of a similar nature we will be eager to hear from you. We will act upon the information as we endeavour to bring those responsible for crime within Cumbria to justice.”
First published at 17:27, Friday, 29 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants
- Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (2 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)
Visit our websites for...
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|