Man accused of committing public sex act in Cumbria car park stairwell
Last updated at 13:37, Wednesday, 27 August 2014
A MAN accused of masturbating in the stairwell of a public car park in South Cumbria has appeared in court.
William John Harrison, of Winster Park, Lancaster, denies a charge of outraging public decency at the Westmorland Shopping Centre, in Kendal, on October 7 last year.
The 68-year-old pleaded not guilty to the offence before South Lakeland Magistrates’ Court today.
Prosecutor Peter Kelly told the court: “Fortunately not present at the time was any other member of the public.
“The act was seen on CCTV within the centre and as such there weren’t any vulnerable persons present at the time.”
He added Harrison was a man of previously good character.
Chris Holland, chairman of the bench, said a date for a trial would be set as soon as possible.
First published at 13:35, Wednesday, 27 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Owners to sell Lake District pub after tragic death of mum
- Pub chain told: 'Stay away' (35 comments)
- Minister may be asked to decide Cocken tunnel row (6 comments)
- Man charged with Barrow shop robbery in court today
- Teen jailed for trying to gas Cumbrian lover after gay sex session
- Sex offender who went on £50 booze binge is jailed after admitting to 'very serious'problem
- £1,500 fine for store Barrow Morrisons boss
- Brazen burglar robbed Windermere house in broad daylight
- What are the ISA rules when it comes to how much I can put in?
- Thieves steal from Lake District charity shop till
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|