Lucky readers pick up cash and tickets
Last updated at 10:34, Tuesday, 06 May 2014
FUEL, cash and family tickets to a theme park were among the prizes won by Evening Mail readers.
A Barrow mum-of-one scooped a £50 petrol voucher – and she did not even know she had entered the competition.
Lisa Fones, of Middlefield, in Ormsgill, was shocked when she saw the registration number for her Peugeot 308 in the Evening Mail to confirm she was the lucky winner.
The 39-year-old, who is mum to eight-month-old Gracie, said: “I didn’t even know I’d entered!
“I just saw my registration in the paper; somebody must have entered for me.
“I only really drive locally, so it will last me about a month.
“I’ve never won anything before I don’t think. I can’t recall ever winning anything.”
Two ladies from Barrow were the lucky winners of family tickets to Legoland Windsor Resort.
Each winning ticket is for two adults and two children to the resort, and the winners were Claire Kyte, of Rating Lane, and Maria McCullough, of Hawcoat Lane.
The resort is dedicated to children aged three to 12 years. There are more than 55 interactive rides, live shows, building workshops, driving schools and attractions, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
The winner of the Letter of the Month was Sue Thompson, of Dalton.
Mrs Thompson won the £50 prize with her letter in which she says she believes there is a “pattern emerging with the lack of general progression in Dalton”.
l In last Monday’s Evening Mail, it was incorrectly stated that our Letter of the Month winner, Keith Devlin, was the owner of Evolution Gym at Trinity Enterprise Centre, Barrow.
Mr Devlin has now renamed his business as Ironwerx Gym and it is based at James Freel Close, Barrow.
We are sorry for any confusion caused.
First published at 10:31, Tuesday, 06 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Furness General midwife admits blunders which led to deaths of two babies
- Cumbria service that helps patients returning home gets extra funding
- Relief as second Cumbria climber accounted for after Nepal quake
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Cumbria man airlifted to hospital after ladder fall
- Signalling problems causing delays for Cumbria passengers
- Child's BMX bike stolen in Barrow
- Range Rover damaged in Broughton
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Hundreds of Barrow AFC fans attend title homecoming celebration
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (25 comments)
- Special day for Barrow AFC skipper
- Proud Edmo hails Barrow AFC title success: with picture gallery
- Crarey delight as Barrow Raiders run riot (3 comments)
- Holker cruise into play-offs: with picture gallery
- Furness start title defence in style: with picture gallery
- Glasson take the spoils at Ulverston
- Barrow AFC trophy presentation at Holker Street
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief (2 comments)
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton
Visit our websites for...
Choosing a pre-school
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|