Lucky readers pick up cash and tickets
Last updated at 10:34, Tuesday, 06 May 2014
FUEL, cash and family tickets to a theme park were among the prizes won by Evening Mail readers.
A Barrow mum-of-one scooped a £50 petrol voucher – and she did not even know she had entered the competition.
Lisa Fones, of Middlefield, in Ormsgill, was shocked when she saw the registration number for her Peugeot 308 in the Evening Mail to confirm she was the lucky winner.
The 39-year-old, who is mum to eight-month-old Gracie, said: “I didn’t even know I’d entered!
“I just saw my registration in the paper; somebody must have entered for me.
“I only really drive locally, so it will last me about a month.
“I’ve never won anything before I don’t think. I can’t recall ever winning anything.”
Two ladies from Barrow were the lucky winners of family tickets to Legoland Windsor Resort.
Each winning ticket is for two adults and two children to the resort, and the winners were Claire Kyte, of Rating Lane, and Maria McCullough, of Hawcoat Lane.
The resort is dedicated to children aged three to 12 years. There are more than 55 interactive rides, live shows, building workshops, driving schools and attractions, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
The winner of the Letter of the Month was Sue Thompson, of Dalton.
Mrs Thompson won the £50 prize with her letter in which she says she believes there is a “pattern emerging with the lack of general progression in Dalton”.
l In last Monday’s Evening Mail, it was incorrectly stated that our Letter of the Month winner, Keith Devlin, was the owner of Evolution Gym at Trinity Enterprise Centre, Barrow.
Mr Devlin has now renamed his business as Ironwerx Gym and it is based at James Freel Close, Barrow.
We are sorry for any confusion caused.
First published at 10:31, Tuesday, 06 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Unexplained death in Windermere investigated by police
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- A590 path repair project announced
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|