Lorry bearing unusual load arrives at BAE shipyard in Barrow
Last updated at 12:59, Monday, 06 January 2014
A LORRY bearing a wide load has arrived at the shipyard in Barrow after a journey down the A590.
Cumbria Police had warned the convoy, which was carrying a ship's rudder from Burton Services on the M6 to Barrow, may cause a small delay for motorists.
The load was classed as an ‘abnormal load’ due to its width. It travelled at normal road speeds, but its width led to warnings it may have caused some traffic disruption.
From 11am it was travelling from Burton Services on the M6 Northbound and leaving the motorway at J36. It then headed west on the A590 towards Barrow and arrived around 12.30pm.
First published at 11:02, Monday, 06 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|