Ljunberg in Barrow court
Last updated at 17:41, Wednesday, 16 April 2014
A SWEDISH motorist admitted his lack of attention led to a crash which injured a cyclist.
Anders Ljunberg’s case was heard in Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
The 48-year-old, of Marina Courts, Michaelson Road, Barrow, did not appear, having written a letter admitting to driving his Fiat Punto without due care and attention.
Mrs Lisa Hine, prosecuting, said he pulled out on the roundabout at Jubilee Bridge, resulting in a collision which caused minor injuries to the cyclist.
In his letter, Ljunberg said he had not seen anybody and said it was dark, wet and difficult to see.
He must pay a £200 fine, £85 costs and a £20 victim surcharge.
First published at 09:10, Wednesday, 16 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- UPDATE: Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (6 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Reforms could cause hardship over Christmas in Cumbria
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|