Ljunberg in Barrow court
Last updated at 17:41, Wednesday, 16 April 2014
A SWEDISH motorist admitted his lack of attention led to a crash which injured a cyclist.
Anders Ljunberg’s case was heard in Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
The 48-year-old, of Marina Courts, Michaelson Road, Barrow, did not appear, having written a letter admitting to driving his Fiat Punto without due care and attention.
Mrs Lisa Hine, prosecuting, said he pulled out on the roundabout at Jubilee Bridge, resulting in a collision which caused minor injuries to the cyclist.
In his letter, Ljunberg said he had not seen anybody and said it was dark, wet and difficult to see.
He must pay a £200 fine, £85 costs and a £20 victim surcharge.
First published at 09:10, Wednesday, 16 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|