Little Barrow heroes take on charity toddle
Last updated at 14:46, Friday, 22 June 2012
SUPERHERO themed fancy dress outfits were all the rage when children from Quarry Brow Day Nursery took part in the Barnardo’s Big Toddle.
Thursday, June 14, saw around 30 participants from the Ormsgill School nursery sport Spider-Man, Supergirl and Superman costumes, with a number of firefighters and other heroes on show too.
Children from both the morning and afternoon sessions at the nursery, aged between 18 months and four years old, took part in the sponsored ‘Toddle Waddle’ and were accompanied by their parents and teachers who also dressed appropriately for the event.
The participants set off on the walk from the nursery itself and ended up at the Ormsgill Children’s Centre.
They were then provided with activities and games that followed the superhero theme.
The rest of the day was spent singing songs, playing games, making masks and taking part in other fun and creative activities.
Staff at the nursery and children’s centre said a good day was had by all of the children, parents and teachers.
First published at 13:51, Friday, 22 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|