Lindal farmers invited to Prince Charles event
Last updated at 11:06, Friday, 04 April 2014
A LINDAL-BASED firm has been invited to a Herdwick sale which Prince Charles will be attending next week.
Lake District Farmers will attend the invitation-only event at the J36 Rural Auction Centre at Crooklands, on Wednesday April 9.
HRH The Prince of Wales will tour the one-year-old centre, see an auction of prime Herdwick lambs, and meet local apprentices.
John Geldard, a director of L & K Group, which owns the J36 Rural Auction Centre, said: “The Prince is a terrific supporter of Cumbria and we cannot thank him enough for this visit.
“His Royal Highness knows how close to the breadline our hill farmers are and how their sheep, including the Herdwick, help produce a world-class landscape that attracts millions of visitors from around the world.”
The prince will also unveil a plaque to commemorate his visit to the Rural Auction Centre.
First published at 11:01, Friday, 04 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
- Strike planned by health workers from Furness General may be averted
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|