Life expectancy for Cumbria men and women revealed
Last updated at 14:10, Friday, 25 July 2014
MEN in Cumbria can expect to live for 78.8 years, and women for 82.4 years, according to the Office for National Statistics.
Both figures are below the national average. Across England, life expectancy is 79.2 years for men and 83 years for women.
The data also shows the proportion of the average person’s lifespan spent in “very good” or “good health”.
For men in Cumbria this is 61.9 years, and for women 65.9 years.
First published at 12:55, Friday, 25 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
another set of useless info figures,so should every body move south.
All my mates here have gone in their sixties or early seventies and most of them lived and worked in the s.east all their lives.
Also lot of good lads I played rugby with in Barrow in the fifties and sixties have gone,so where you live does not make one jot of difference.
I suppose some academic who produced those figures got his Masters Degree on that subject.
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course