Level crossing closed to motorists in Askam
Last updated at 16:03, Monday, 24 March 2014
A LEVEL crossing in Askam is closed to motorists this week while renewal works take place.
Ireleth Road is closed in both directions between the A595 Dalton Road junction and the Duddon Road junction while new equipment is installed.
It is due to be closed until Monday March 31 at 6am.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained during the works.
Alternative routes for drivers will be available via Duke Street, Alexander Place, New Road, Lots Road and A595 Dalton Road.
First published at 10:45, Monday, 24 March 2014
Published by http://www.askamlocal.co.uk
Have your say
Never Mind the level crossing, WHEN is that blessed scaffolding going to get sorted thats blocking up Duke St in Askam and preventing Daily Askam Rail Passengers parking anywhere near the Railway Station, It must have been there 4 months now and not a bat struck of work on the building to which its attached.
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Barrow and Furness election hopefuls clash in debates
- Barrow man jailed for striking victim with piece of wood
- Rural Cumbria voters are calling for support
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Landmark Barrow hotel to make way for garage forecourt
- Arson appeal after Barrow shop fire
- Barrow vandals target mobility scooter
- Flog It! finds a priceless day in Cumbria
- Barrow AFC fans traveling south hit by rail delays as person hit by train
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Barrow Raiders need to play as a team - Kendall
- North Lancs and Cumbria League cricket season preview
- Millom out to maintain perfect start
- Holker eye play-off prize
- Sheridan can shine in Barrow AFC title decider
- Lowestoft intent on spoiling Barrow AFC promotion party (2 comments)
- Players know how big this is - Barrow AFC coach Meechan
- Nothing will stop us winning league - Barrow AFC skipper (4 comments)
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton