Level crossing closed to motorists in Askam
Last updated at 16:03, Monday, 24 March 2014
A LEVEL crossing in Askam is closed to motorists this week while renewal works take place.
Ireleth Road is closed in both directions between the A595 Dalton Road junction and the Duddon Road junction while new equipment is installed.
It is due to be closed until Monday March 31 at 6am.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained during the works.
Alternative routes for drivers will be available via Duke Street, Alexander Place, New Road, Lots Road and A595 Dalton Road.
First published at 10:45, Monday, 24 March 2014
Published by http://www.askamlocal.co.uk
Have your say
Never Mind the level crossing, WHEN is that blessed scaffolding going to get sorted thats blocking up Duke St in Askam and preventing Daily Askam Rail Passengers parking anywhere near the Railway Station, It must have been there 4 months now and not a bat struck of work on the building to which its attached.
Make your comment
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Building work at Barrow care home set to restart
- Driver who crashed in Walney sought by police
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Man, 65, suffers serious injuries in 40m Lake District fall
- Cat charge admitted by Barrow woman
- Water supply cut off in Ulverston
- Cumbria man reunites with Korean Zen master
- Former Barrow children’s doctor accused of failings defends his treatment
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Barrow AFC boss drops Taylor deal hint
- Barrow Raiders boss holds injury concern
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Evening Mail's Emma learns the lessons of triathlon bid
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)