South Lakes young farmers strip for charity
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
FIVE women have shed their inhibitions – and their clothes – to pose for a calendar to help raise money for two deserving local charities.
The Calendar Girls-style shoot was organised to coincide with the 75th anniversary of the Cumbria and Cartmel young farmers clubs.
Rebecca Knipe, Sam Cooper, Hazel Downs, Hayley Taylor and Alice Forster bravely volunteered – after much cajoling – to participate in the risque pictorial.
The Cartmel Young Farmers Club members figured the eye-catching stunt was a novel way to raise money for St Mary’s Hospice and the Great North Air Ambulance.
“We wanted to do something slightly different to try and raise some money,” Miss Knipe said.
“We chose them just because they’re local charities and close to our hearts because they’ve done things for our families in the past.”
While they carefully selected a field in the secluded Rusland Valley for the shoot, Miss Knipe said she and her companions did attract some “unexpected guests”.
“It seemed to be that all the cyclists and the walkers and the postman all turned up when we were doing it,” the 22-year-old, of Allithwaite, said.
“So it was very nerve-racking to start off with, but by the time we got to the end we were just used to it and not bothered by stripping off.”
The 12-picture “Down on the Farm 2013” calendar was launched on Friday night and is available for £8 from various shops in the area, including Cafe Ambio, Brooke Supplies, Armers and Acorn Therapy.
Also, the calendar can be purchased for £8 – plus £1.50 postage and handling – by cheques made payable to Cartmel Young Farmers Club sent to Miss Knipe at Laurel Garth, Allithwaite, Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria, LA11 7QH.
First published at 10:26, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|