Grange Edwardian Festival
Last updated at 11:00, Monday, 14 June 2010
GRANGE was transported back in time for the town’s 17th Edwardian festival.
Feathered hats and tailcoats set the scene as hundreds of people turned out to the Park Road gardens in fancy dress on Saturday to celebrate Grange Edwardian Festival.
Grange town mayor councillor Tom Harvey said: “It’s a fantastic day. The people of Grange really enjoy it. Everyone really gets involved, with people getting dressed up, the stall holders put on a great show. We have music on the bandstand, and around the town.
“It really is a great celebration.”
Stalls, games and live music on the bandstand helped to raise money for local groups and charities, such as the Grange Disability Action Group’s cake stall and Allithwaite Playgroup’s face painting stall.
Cllr Harvey said: “We’re an Edwardian town so to have an Edwardian celebration like this really is a fantastic thing for Grange and it’s great to come here and enjoy it.”
First published at 09:12, Monday, 14 June 2010
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|