Grange Edwardian Festival
Last updated at 11:00, Monday, 14 June 2010
GRANGE was transported back in time for the town’s 17th Edwardian festival.
Feathered hats and tailcoats set the scene as hundreds of people turned out to the Park Road gardens in fancy dress on Saturday to celebrate Grange Edwardian Festival.
Grange town mayor councillor Tom Harvey said: “It’s a fantastic day. The people of Grange really enjoy it. Everyone really gets involved, with people getting dressed up, the stall holders put on a great show. We have music on the bandstand, and around the town.
“It really is a great celebration.”
Stalls, games and live music on the bandstand helped to raise money for local groups and charities, such as the Grange Disability Action Group’s cake stall and Allithwaite Playgroup’s face painting stall.
Cllr Harvey said: “We’re an Edwardian town so to have an Edwardian celebration like this really is a fantastic thing for Grange and it’s great to come here and enjoy it.”
First published at 09:12, Monday, 14 June 2010
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Owners to sell Lake District pub after tragic death of mum
- Pub chain told: 'Stay away' (35 comments)
- Minister may be asked to decide Cocken tunnel row (6 comments)
- Man charged with Barrow shop robbery in court today
- Teen jailed for trying to gas Cumbrian lover after gay sex session
- Sex offender who went on £50 booze binge is jailed after admitting to 'very serious'problem
- £1,500 fine for store Barrow Morrisons boss
- Brazen burglar robbed Windermere house in broad daylight
- What are the ISA rules when it comes to how much I can put in?
- Thieves steal from Lake District charity shop till
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|