Lake’s hotel winelist voted in top 500 worldwide
Last updated at 10:29, Tuesday, 22 July 2014
LAKE’S hotel has been voted as having one of the top 500 wine lists in the world.
It is the highest award for a hotel or restaurant in the North of England.
The Samling hotel near Ambleside has been given a prestigious two star rating by world’s leading wine publication, the World of Fine Wine, in its inaugural “World’s Best Wine List” awards.
The award rakns it alongside some of the world’s best restaurants including Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester and South Africa’s iconic Test Kitchen.
The wine list was chosen from more than 4,000 nominations from across the globe and was assessed by some of the world’s leading wine authorities, including Gerard Basset MS MW former World Sommelier Champion, Andrew Jefford, Elin McCoy, and Tom Stevenson.
General Manager Alasdair Elwick said: “We are delighted by the award. Over the past couple of years the team has worked tirelessly on creating this wine list.
“We want The Samling to become a world leading gastronomic destination and establishing the wine list as one of the best in the world is an important part of that.”
“With the likes of Gordon Ramsay and Raymond Blanc publically backing the awards, it shows how important these awards are to win in culinary calendar.”
First published at 10:16, Tuesday, 22 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- UPDATE: Woman airlifted to hospital and road closed after Barrow crash
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|