Lake’s hotel winelist voted in top 500 worldwide
Last updated at 10:29, Tuesday, 22 July 2014
LAKE’S hotel has been voted as having one of the top 500 wine lists in the world.
It is the highest award for a hotel or restaurant in the North of England.
The Samling hotel near Ambleside has been given a prestigious two star rating by world’s leading wine publication, the World of Fine Wine, in its inaugural “World’s Best Wine List” awards.
The award rakns it alongside some of the world’s best restaurants including Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester and South Africa’s iconic Test Kitchen.
The wine list was chosen from more than 4,000 nominations from across the globe and was assessed by some of the world’s leading wine authorities, including Gerard Basset MS MW former World Sommelier Champion, Andrew Jefford, Elin McCoy, and Tom Stevenson.
General Manager Alasdair Elwick said: “We are delighted by the award. Over the past couple of years the team has worked tirelessly on creating this wine list.
“We want The Samling to become a world leading gastronomic destination and establishing the wine list as one of the best in the world is an important part of that.”
“With the likes of Gordon Ramsay and Raymond Blanc publically backing the awards, it shows how important these awards are to win in culinary calendar.”
First published at 10:16, Tuesday, 22 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC and Bradford fight out first-half stalemate
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|