Lake’s hotel winelist voted in top 500 worldwide
Last updated at 10:29, Tuesday, 22 July 2014
LAKE’S hotel has been voted as having one of the top 500 wine lists in the world.
It is the highest award for a hotel or restaurant in the North of England.
The Samling hotel near Ambleside has been given a prestigious two star rating by world’s leading wine publication, the World of Fine Wine, in its inaugural “World’s Best Wine List” awards.
The award rakns it alongside some of the world’s best restaurants including Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester and South Africa’s iconic Test Kitchen.
The wine list was chosen from more than 4,000 nominations from across the globe and was assessed by some of the world’s leading wine authorities, including Gerard Basset MS MW former World Sommelier Champion, Andrew Jefford, Elin McCoy, and Tom Stevenson.
General Manager Alasdair Elwick said: “We are delighted by the award. Over the past couple of years the team has worked tirelessly on creating this wine list.
“We want The Samling to become a world leading gastronomic destination and establishing the wine list as one of the best in the world is an important part of that.”
“With the likes of Gordon Ramsay and Raymond Blanc publically backing the awards, it shows how important these awards are to win in culinary calendar.”
First published at 10:16, Tuesday, 22 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Casson delighted with Edmo's Barrow progress
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Barrow Raiders look to take sting out of Rochdale Hornets
- Jones: Barrow Raiders need to beat Rochdale
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- Tributes to lifelong Barrow AFC fan Pete
- Barrow start season with Fleet-sinking mission
- Tough run in Holker play-off bid
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid
- Eye Health
- Runners putting energies into fitness
Visit our websites for...
- Prudhoe homes in doubt
- Rapist jailed for terrifying attack
- Woman raped in Prudhoe
- Attempted rape accused was not alone with girl, 13, Cumbrian court told
- Swimming pool opening times
- LOOKING BACK PICTURES
- Carlisle man on teenage girl rape charge
- The sad story of the Buzz Factory
- Prudhoe High work imminent
- This road must be tackled now
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|