Lake’s hotel winelist voted in top 500 worldwide
Last updated at 10:29, Tuesday, 22 July 2014
LAKE’S hotel has been voted as having one of the top 500 wine lists in the world.
It is the highest award for a hotel or restaurant in the North of England.
The Samling hotel near Ambleside has been given a prestigious two star rating by world’s leading wine publication, the World of Fine Wine, in its inaugural “World’s Best Wine List” awards.
The award rakns it alongside some of the world’s best restaurants including Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester and South Africa’s iconic Test Kitchen.
The wine list was chosen from more than 4,000 nominations from across the globe and was assessed by some of the world’s leading wine authorities, including Gerard Basset MS MW former World Sommelier Champion, Andrew Jefford, Elin McCoy, and Tom Stevenson.
General Manager Alasdair Elwick said: “We are delighted by the award. Over the past couple of years the team has worked tirelessly on creating this wine list.
“We want The Samling to become a world leading gastronomic destination and establishing the wine list as one of the best in the world is an important part of that.”
“With the likes of Gordon Ramsay and Raymond Blanc publically backing the awards, it shows how important these awards are to win in culinary calendar.”
First published at 10:16, Tuesday, 22 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|