Keeping Dalton children amused in holidays
Last updated at 16:57, Friday, 10 August 2012
YOUNGSTERS have been enjoying the warm weather and taking part in a range of free sports sessions.
Dalton’s neighbourhood policing team, in partnership with Dalton Town Council, put on a host of activities to help stave off summer boredom for children and keep them out of trouble.
The sessions, including badminton, football and athletics, have taken place all week at Dowdales School, with up to 40 children aged between seven to 13 taking part.
This year’s event has taken on an Olympic theme, with the children split into four ‘nations’: Great Britain, Australia, China and Germany, with gold, silver and bronze points awarded at the end of each event.
At the end of the week, certificates will be handed out to the winning team.
Community coach Gregg Metcalf said: “The children have been really enjoying it. We have been using the sports hall for some activities and then the sports field for things like the long jump and tennis.
“The children have been competing in activities and then awarded gold, silver and bronze points.
“The children have been really enthusiastic and have enjoyed the Olympic theme.”
First published at 16:25, Friday, 10 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|