Junior Barrow festival-goers enjoy fun in the sun
Last updated at 17:00, Friday, 23 May 2014
FURNESS’S youngest festival goers enjoyed a free musical treat in the sunshine.
A Mini Music Festival took place at Greengate Infant School in Barrow on Wednesday, and saw local performers appearing free of charge to put on a show for three to seven-year-olds.
Caroline Hoggarth, headteacher at Greengate, said: “The idea was to try and get children and their families in our area to have a taste of KidzFest.”
Lisa Gaga, organiser of Barrow children’s festival, KidzFest, arranged acts for the event.
The day started with appearances from Pete Thompson, Meryn Nixon and Amey Haughin as Disney characters.
Ex-pupil Jamie Rooke also reappeared to perform One Direction hits while Leah Coplen performed an Amy Winehouse tribute.
Mrs Hoggarth said: “It was absolutely fantastic, the children just had the best day. A lot of them will not have experienced anything like this before.
“We will definitely have to do it again next year.”
First published at 16:59, Friday, 23 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (6 comments)
- Two climbers suffer serious falls in Lake District (2 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
- Barrow Raiders send Keighley packing (1 comment)
- Care firm boss sets out stall for new Cumbria recruits (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|