Jail a possibility for Barrow man, 20
Published at 16:11, Saturday, 09 August 2014
A PERSISTENT offender could be going back to jail – thanks to his mum.
Brendan Aaron Kendall, of Egerton Court, Barrow, admitted breaching a non-molestation order before Furness Magistrates’ Court.
The 20-year-old was ordered by Furness Family Court on July 16 not to attend his mother’s home in Hempland Avenue, Barrow.
However, the court was told how after a visit from his mother on July 16, Kendall had been invited to the house to collect a food parcel – only for her to demand he left as another family member called the police.
Mrs Lisa Hine, prosecuting, said: “Mrs Kendall was at her home address at about 8.50pm when she heard the voice of Mr Kendall.
“She entered the living room where her husband and parents were and she saw the defendant leaning into the window.
“On seeing his mother he asked for £10. She told him he should not be there.
“She quickly arranged some food for him and asked for somebody to call the police.”
However, the court was told his mother had told him he could go to the address so long as he approached the back of the property to avoid being seen.
Mr Trystan Roberts, defending, said: “He can’t read or write and has few qualifications. There has clearly been some sort of falling out between him and his mother in the past.
“What Mr Kendall tells me is he met up with his mother in the afternoon and he was told if he ever needed anything he could go and ask for some food.
“This took place two weeks after being released from a young offenders’ institution.
“He is someone who does have difficulties.”
The court was told Kendall was currently on licence and could be returned to jail for committing the offence.
Ms Sue Leitch, presiding magistrate, adjourned the case until August 21 for a pre-sentence report to be prepared.
Kendall was released on unconditional bail.
He was told the non-molestation order remains in force and he is not to enter Hempland Avenue in Barrow.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- UPDATE: Victim airlifted to hospital and road closed after Barrow crash
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|