Jail a possibility for Barrow man, 20
Published at 16:11, Saturday, 09 August 2014
A PERSISTENT offender could be going back to jail – thanks to his mum.
Brendan Aaron Kendall, of Egerton Court, Barrow, admitted breaching a non-molestation order before Furness Magistrates’ Court.
The 20-year-old was ordered by Furness Family Court on July 16 not to attend his mother’s home in Hempland Avenue, Barrow.
However, the court was told how after a visit from his mother on July 16, Kendall had been invited to the house to collect a food parcel – only for her to demand he left as another family member called the police.
Mrs Lisa Hine, prosecuting, said: “Mrs Kendall was at her home address at about 8.50pm when she heard the voice of Mr Kendall.
“She entered the living room where her husband and parents were and she saw the defendant leaning into the window.
“On seeing his mother he asked for £10. She told him he should not be there.
“She quickly arranged some food for him and asked for somebody to call the police.”
However, the court was told his mother had told him he could go to the address so long as he approached the back of the property to avoid being seen.
Mr Trystan Roberts, defending, said: “He can’t read or write and has few qualifications. There has clearly been some sort of falling out between him and his mother in the past.
“What Mr Kendall tells me is he met up with his mother in the afternoon and he was told if he ever needed anything he could go and ask for some food.
“This took place two weeks after being released from a young offenders’ institution.
“He is someone who does have difficulties.”
The court was told Kendall was currently on licence and could be returned to jail for committing the offence.
Ms Sue Leitch, presiding magistrate, adjourned the case until August 21 for a pre-sentence report to be prepared.
Kendall was released on unconditional bail.
He was told the non-molestation order remains in force and he is not to enter Hempland Avenue in Barrow.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow - increase in train services announced
- Barrow footballer who suffered stroke tells of goal to get back on pitch
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- Case of Barrow man charged with attempted murder adjourned
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|