Investigation launched after road smash between Cumbria police vehicle and car
Last updated at 10:57, Tuesday, 22 July 2014
AN investigation has been launched after a road smash between a VW Golf and a Cumbria police vehicle as it responded to an emergency call.
It happened between Outrigg, St Bees and Grove Road, Egremont at around 6pm on Monday.
The police vehicle was driven by a 28-year-old male who suffered minor injuries and was taken to Whitehaven Hospital.
The black Volkswagen was driven by a woman aged 28 who sustained serious injuries and was taken by land ambulance to the Cumberland Infirmary. She is described as being in a stable condition.
Officers from the Collision Investigation Unit attended the scene, and are investigating the full circumstances surrounding the smash.
This incident has been referred to the Constabulary’s Professional Standard Department and also the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
Investigating officers would like to appeal for anyone who may have witnessed the collision or anyone who may have seen anything prior to the crash to contact Sergeant Claire Sampson at the Operational Support Unit on 101.
First published at 10:52, Tuesday, 22 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|