In and around Birmingham
Last updated at 13:00, Tuesday, 05 March 2013
Advertising Feature. At the centre of England, Birmingham benefits from its close proximity to both the big smoke of London and the up and coming cities of the North.
At the centre of England, Birmingham benefits from its close proximity to both the big smoke of London and the up and coming cities of the North. With the second largest population after London, Birmingham has the perfect mix of the bright lights and the hustle and bustle of the big cities alongside sleepy countryside boroughs and towns. Birmingham may be more famously associated with the hallmark brand Cadbury and its willy wonker style chocolate factory but it has far more to offer than the sweet taste of the UK’s favourite chocolate.
Birmingham is a city crammed full with culture, from world class performing arts and galleries to some of the most impressively stunning churches, cathedrals and architecture in the UK.
Thinking of the big move?
Whether you’re considering moving to Birmingham for the first time or just relocating in the city that you already know and love there’s always something new to discover. As well as attractions and activities the property landscape is also continually evolving and new homes for sale in Birmingham are constantly emerging.
Away from the city centre
Just an hour’s drive out of the city you can find yourself in some of the best countryside that England has to offer. Aston Hall is one of the many gems and there is no better time to witness its grace and grandeur than following its recent £1.3 million renovations. As well as taking in the breathtakingly beautiful interiors you can also wander around its acres of surrounding parks and green area.
Working in Birmingham
Birmingham once gained the nickname as ‘the city of a thousand trades’ and it’s no different now than it was centuries ago. Its size, location and appeal make it a great place to find work in almost every profession. From manufacturing to services and innovative industry’s such as digital and marketing agencies it’s home to some of the biggest business headquarters outside of London.
A music machine
If you’re into your music then Birmingham is a great place to enjoy some of the UK’s best artists in some of the best calibre venues. There is a historically rich bunch of musical folk from Birmingham including The Black Sabbath and UB40. There’s also a modern thriving music scene with many new acts from Birmingham rising to fame, The streets and The Twang are most recent entries to Birmingham’s music hall of fame.
First published at 10:09, Friday, 26 October 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college (1 comment)
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third (4 comments)
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together