In and around Birmingham
Last updated at 13:00, Tuesday, 05 March 2013
Advertising Feature. At the centre of England, Birmingham benefits from its close proximity to both the big smoke of London and the up and coming cities of the North.
At the centre of England, Birmingham benefits from its close proximity to both the big smoke of London and the up and coming cities of the North. With the second largest population after London, Birmingham has the perfect mix of the bright lights and the hustle and bustle of the big cities alongside sleepy countryside boroughs and towns. Birmingham may be more famously associated with the hallmark brand Cadbury and its willy wonker style chocolate factory but it has far more to offer than the sweet taste of the UK’s favourite chocolate.
Birmingham is a city crammed full with culture, from world class performing arts and galleries to some of the most impressively stunning churches, cathedrals and architecture in the UK.
Thinking of the big move?
Whether you’re considering moving to Birmingham for the first time or just relocating in the city that you already know and love there’s always something new to discover. As well as attractions and activities the property landscape is also continually evolving and new homes for sale in Birmingham are constantly emerging.
Away from the city centre
Just an hour’s drive out of the city you can find yourself in some of the best countryside that England has to offer. Aston Hall is one of the many gems and there is no better time to witness its grace and grandeur than following its recent £1.3 million renovations. As well as taking in the breathtakingly beautiful interiors you can also wander around its acres of surrounding parks and green area.
Working in Birmingham
Birmingham once gained the nickname as ‘the city of a thousand trades’ and it’s no different now than it was centuries ago. Its size, location and appeal make it a great place to find work in almost every profession. From manufacturing to services and innovative industry’s such as digital and marketing agencies it’s home to some of the biggest business headquarters outside of London.
A music machine
If you’re into your music then Birmingham is a great place to enjoy some of the UK’s best artists in some of the best calibre venues. There is a historically rich bunch of musical folk from Birmingham including The Black Sabbath and UB40. There’s also a modern thriving music scene with many new acts from Birmingham rising to fame, The streets and The Twang are most recent entries to Birmingham’s music hall of fame.
First published at 10:09, Friday, 26 October 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Browse the ASBO gallery (9 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|