Iconic Lancaster Bombers to fly over Morecambe Bay
Published at 10:33, Tuesday, 26 August 2014
THOUSANDS are expected to gather to see two Lancaster Bombers fly together for the first time in 50 years over Morecambe Bay next month.
The iconic aircraft will take to the skies and perform a fly past as a ‘special salute’ to all the veterans of the Bomber command and on the ground Hemingway’s Vintage Festival by the Sea will be in full swing showcasing a range of vintage vehicles and celebrating all that is great about Britain.
This spectacular focal point is scheduled to take place on Sunday, September 7 at 3pm and is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see World War Two’s most recognizable British aircraft.
The Hemingway family’s Vintage By the Sea Festival, led by Wayne, Gerardine and Jack Hemingway, is returning to Morecambe for its second year and combines a mix of dancing, music, fashion, glamour, film, classic cars, delicious street food, creative workshops, kid’s activities, street theatre, a vintage fairground, vintage bus tours and an eclectic vintage and up-cycled market place to browse vintage treasures.
The weekend’s programme, beginning on September 6 will provide a free festival of entertainment for local residents and visitors to experience one of the most unique places to celebrate all things vintage.
Tickets for many of the events can be purchased by visiting the Vintage website www.vintagefestival.co.uk/events/vintage-by-the-sea or by calling The Midland Hotel in Morecambe on 08456 015478.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory
- Cook scoops Player of the Season prize
- Casson delighted with Edmo's Barrow progress
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Barrow Raiders look to take sting out of Rochdale Hornets
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Saturday nights with Barrow Raiders good for me
- Jones: Barrow Raiders need to beat Rochdale
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid
Visit our websites for...
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|