Ice warning issued for Cumbria by Met Office
Last updated at 11:47, Friday, 10 January 2014
A YELLOW warning for ice tonight has been issued for Cumbria by the Met Office.
Surface temperatures will fall to around or just below freezing this evening.
Due to a lot of standing water present in many areas from recent flooding, icy stretches are expected to form, particularly on untreated surfaces.
The warning is in place from Friday 9pm to Saturday 10am.
The public are being asked to expect possible travel disruption on the roads.
First published at 11:44, Friday, 10 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction (2 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|