Ice warning for Cumbria - potential disruption to travel
Last updated at 11:23, Monday, 27 January 2014
CUMBRIA has been issued with an ice warning for overnight into the morning.
There is a Yellow Warning of Ice for North West England, including Cumbria, Lancashire, Blackburn with Darwen, Cheshire West and Chester, Greater Manchester, Cheshire East.
The MET Office says showers of rain, sleet and snow will continue overnight. Clear skies between showers are expected to allow temperatures to fall to around freezing resulting in a risk of icy stretches forming on untreated surfaces.
It says the public should be aware of the potential for some disruption to travel.
First published at 17:10, Sunday, 26 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (11 comments)
- Last-minute agony for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- UPDATE SUNDAY 2.40PM: A595 closed in Cumbria - roadworks location switched (1 comment)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|