Hundreds of people turn up to Millom fun day
Last updated at 15:17, Friday, 11 May 2012
HUNDREDS of people flocked to a church fun day.
The event, organised by churches in Millom, saw more than 600 people attend and enjoy face painting, swimming and fun and games.
Church leaders organise the event as an act of good will and to show their support in the community.
The event took place in Millom Network Centre on Monday.
The Bay Radio held a live broadcast from the event and children and parents were able to enjoy ice creams and bouncy castle fun.
Pastor Fred McKeown, who helped organise the event, said: “There were between 600 and 700 people there.
“It was a great success. We put it on to give something back.”
The event, now in its fifth year, even gave people the chance to throw wet sponges at members of the clergy.
Mr McKeown said: “I got a few chucked at me but it was good fun.
“This year is the most people we’ve had along.
“It was great to see the Bay there and we’d like to thank the Millom Network Centre for letting us use the building.
“We’re looking forward to next year already.”
First published at 13:26, Friday, 11 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
my family had an amazin day. thank you to all the millom churches for putting on the free event
Make your comment
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Casson delighted with Edmo's Barrow progress
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Barrow Raiders look to take sting out of Rochdale Hornets
- Jones: Barrow Raiders need to beat Rochdale
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- Tributes to lifelong Barrow AFC fan Pete
- Barrow start season with Fleet-sinking mission
- Tough run in Holker play-off bid
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid
- Eye Health
- Runners putting energies into fitness