Hundreds of people turn up to Millom fun day
Last updated at 15:17, Friday, 11 May 2012
HUNDREDS of people flocked to a church fun day.
The event, organised by churches in Millom, saw more than 600 people attend and enjoy face painting, swimming and fun and games.
Church leaders organise the event as an act of good will and to show their support in the community.
The event took place in Millom Network Centre on Monday.
The Bay Radio held a live broadcast from the event and children and parents were able to enjoy ice creams and bouncy castle fun.
Pastor Fred McKeown, who helped organise the event, said: “There were between 600 and 700 people there.
“It was a great success. We put it on to give something back.”
The event, now in its fifth year, even gave people the chance to throw wet sponges at members of the clergy.
Mr McKeown said: “I got a few chucked at me but it was good fun.
“This year is the most people we’ve had along.
“It was great to see the Bay there and we’d like to thank the Millom Network Centre for letting us use the building.
“We’re looking forward to next year already.”
First published at 13:26, Friday, 11 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
my family had an amazin day. thank you to all the millom churches for putting on the free event
Make your comment
- Witness saw Millom killer claim he was ‘the devil’ in back street
- Assessment concluded Millom killer was ‘zero risk’
- Barrow man rammed pram into boy on bike
- Appeal to trace mountain bike stolen from Dalton
- Barrow skills and leadership academy powers ahead with new sponsor and skilled delivery team
- First glimpse inside new Cumbria hospital
- Cash will help martial arts club box clever
- Police appeal to find scooter stolen in Barrow
- MP to hold ‘ideas fair’ in Millom
- Regeneration a key aim of Millom mayor
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Furness Rovers delight in final triumph: with picture gallery
- Walney a real four-ce to take trophy: with picture gallery
- Hawcoat on a high after cup win: with picture gallery
- Barrow racer Jake speeds to success: with picture gallery
- Waring leads Alfred to Roose win
- A-team shock Hawcoat in Furness Bowls League
- Walney links in perfect shape for Evening Mail Open
- An invite to party like its 1945
- Millom teenager steps out in style with charity shop bargains
- Proud to fight your corner
- Take a bus trip back to the past
- Film night features lost valley industry
- Charities must clean their acts
- Diver claims to have found town sub wreck
- ‘I was totally focused - I was enjoying it’
- Health Matters
- Chelsea tackled first marathon