Hundreds of Cumbria children show moves on stage
Last updated at 16:40, Wednesday, 11 December 2013
YOUNGSTERS from schools across Furness took part in a dance spectacular this week.
InsideOut Dance showcased its latest initiative with a spectacular show at The Forum on Monday morning.
InsideOut boss Neil Doherty explained how staff had been going into schools and teaching dance to Year Two children in Barrow, Dalton and Ireleth. In total they visited eight schools and taught 15 classes.
On Monday 375 children showed off their new moves on the stage at the Barrow venue, in Duke Street.
Next month will see them teaching Year One pupils to dance culminating in another show in February.
Mr Doherty said it was a great show and the children really enjoyed taking part.
He said: “It was brilliant, really fantastic.
“Over the last five weeks two or three of our instructors have been going into schools to teach dance.
“We will be going back next term to teach more children.
“All the way through the year we are doing dance or football and it really inspires the children to get involved and develop a positive attitude to physical activity.”
As well as the dance event in February there will be a football one in March, followed by Olympic themed training in May and July.
InsideOut Soccer Schools was formed in April 2006 and was the brainchild of soccer hero, former Barrow AFC footballer Mr Doherty.
His company provides a range of activities for children aged between three and 16, throughout the Furness area.
First published at 16:15, Wednesday, 11 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|