Hundreds of Cumbria children show moves on stage
Last updated at 16:40, Wednesday, 11 December 2013
YOUNGSTERS from schools across Furness took part in a dance spectacular this week.
InsideOut Dance showcased its latest initiative with a spectacular show at The Forum on Monday morning.
InsideOut boss Neil Doherty explained how staff had been going into schools and teaching dance to Year Two children in Barrow, Dalton and Ireleth. In total they visited eight schools and taught 15 classes.
On Monday 375 children showed off their new moves on the stage at the Barrow venue, in Duke Street.
Next month will see them teaching Year One pupils to dance culminating in another show in February.
Mr Doherty said it was a great show and the children really enjoyed taking part.
He said: “It was brilliant, really fantastic.
“Over the last five weeks two or three of our instructors have been going into schools to teach dance.
“We will be going back next term to teach more children.
“All the way through the year we are doing dance or football and it really inspires the children to get involved and develop a positive attitude to physical activity.”
As well as the dance event in February there will be a football one in March, followed by Olympic themed training in May and July.
InsideOut Soccer Schools was formed in April 2006 and was the brainchild of soccer hero, former Barrow AFC footballer Mr Doherty.
His company provides a range of activities for children aged between three and 16, throughout the Furness area.
First published at 16:15, Wednesday, 11 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|