Homes flooded across Cumbria as snow melts
Last updated at 08:33, Friday, 15 February 2013
FIREFIGHTERS have been kept busy as a number of properties flooded in South Cumbria.
Snow earlier in the day began to melt on Wednesday afternoon and heavy rain in the evening saw water enter a number of homes in Broughton and Marton, near Ulverston.
Crews were called to Foxfield Road in Broughton at 9.01pm to deal with a flooded cellar.
At 9.30pm there were calls to a building in nearby Old Station Yard where approximately six inches of water had got into the property.
Then, at 12.01am, firefighters were called out to Snipe Gill Cottages, in Marton, where three homes were flooded.
In all cases, crews used pumps to remove the water.
Meanwhile, the A592 outside Bowness flooded on Thursday due to water running off high ground. Traffic slowed in both directions.
First published at 08:54, Thursday, 14 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|