Homes flooded across Cumbria as snow melts
Last updated at 08:33, Friday, 15 February 2013
FIREFIGHTERS have been kept busy as a number of properties flooded in South Cumbria.
Snow earlier in the day began to melt on Wednesday afternoon and heavy rain in the evening saw water enter a number of homes in Broughton and Marton, near Ulverston.
Crews were called to Foxfield Road in Broughton at 9.01pm to deal with a flooded cellar.
At 9.30pm there were calls to a building in nearby Old Station Yard where approximately six inches of water had got into the property.
Then, at 12.01am, firefighters were called out to Snipe Gill Cottages, in Marton, where three homes were flooded.
In all cases, crews used pumps to remove the water.
Meanwhile, the A592 outside Bowness flooded on Thursday due to water running off high ground. Traffic slowed in both directions.
First published at 08:54, Thursday, 14 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants
- Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (2 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|