Heavy rain warning for Cumbria as freak weekend weather forecast
Last updated at 14:57, Friday, 06 June 2014
A WEATHER warning has been issued for Cumbria, with heavy, thundery rain expected.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for most parts of Britain, including Cumbria.
The warning means the public should be aware of the potential for localised flooding.
The North West could also be affected by hail stone, and there will be warm, humid conditions.
A maximum temperature of 17°C is expected on Saturday in Barrow and Ulverston.
At this stage, the location of the heaviest rainfall in the country remains uncertain. In places the rain is expected to fall at around 10mm per hour.
The yellow weather warning is valid for Cumbria from 3am tomorrow until 11.45pm.
First published at 10:40, Friday, 06 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|