Good samaritan returns gold wedding ring after Barrow sneak thief strikes
Published at 18:21, Wednesday, 03 September 2014
A good samaritan has returned a gold wedding ring after a sneak thief snatched it from the owner’s Barrow home.
An Iphone 5c and money stolen from the same home in Abbey Road, during the same incident on August 22, have also since been recovered.
It is believed to have taken place between 8.30pm and 10pm.
Cumbria Police is highlighting the problem of sneak thieves in Barrow after the incident in an Abbey Road home.
The unknown offenders gained entry to the kitchen of a property through an insecure rear door while the occupants were in another room.
A member of the public has since come forward after finding the wedding ring. The wallet and phone were recovered from neighbouring gardens.
However, officers are still appealing for information in a bid to identify offenders.
Detective constable Beccy Joseph said: “It is great news that we can reunite the victim of this burglary with their wedding ring which obviously holds great sentimental value. This incident provides a reminder for the public to remain proactive in their security measures. To prevent sneak-in burglaries make sure that all windows and doors that you can’t visibly see are locked at all times. Thieves are often opportunists and will not think twice given the chance.
“In the past year there has been seven incidents of sneak-in burglaries at properties on Abbey Road. If you see people acting suspiciously in your community please notify the police who can then act with this information.”
Anyone with any information in to the burglary is asked to contact T/DC Beccy Joseph on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|