Girl, five, hit by car in Cumbria that failed to stop
Last updated at 12:03, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
CUMBRIA police are trying to trace a driver who hit a five-year-old girl and left the scene without stopping this morning.
Officers are appealing for the driver of a silver Vauxhall Corsa to get in touch after a road traffic collision in Romney Road, Kendal.
Police were called to the scene at 10.56am following a collision between the car and a pedestrian.
The pedestrian is believed to be a five-year-old girl. She suffered minor injuries and has been taken to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary for treatment.
Anyone with information or who witnessed the collision is asked to contact police on 101.
First published at 11:58, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|