Girl, five, hit by car in Cumbria that failed to stop
Last updated at 12:03, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
CUMBRIA police are trying to trace a driver who hit a five-year-old girl and left the scene without stopping this morning.
Officers are appealing for the driver of a silver Vauxhall Corsa to get in touch after a road traffic collision in Romney Road, Kendal.
Police were called to the scene at 10.56am following a collision between the car and a pedestrian.
The pedestrian is believed to be a five-year-old girl. She suffered minor injuries and has been taken to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary for treatment.
Anyone with information or who witnessed the collision is asked to contact police on 101.
First published at 11:58, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|