Funeral date set for Barrow man with ‘big heart’
Last updated at 09:37, Friday, 14 February 2014
THE funeral date has been set for a respected Barrow rugby fan and charity fundraiser who died last week.
Peter Millican, a former commercial manager for Barrow Raiders, died on February 5, aged 46.
His body was spotted in water near Askam Pier by a member of the public.
Mr Millican’s funeral is set to take place on Monday February 17 at Thorncliffe Crematorium, in Barrow, at 12.15pm
His fiancee Jane O’Hare paid tribute to “a big man with a heart to match” in the Evening Mail last week.
He is survived by his daughter Jade, his brother Ian and sister Brenda.
Donations in memory of Mr Millican, of Abbey Road, Barrow, will go to Askam Inshore Rescue and the Wooden Spoon children’s charity.
Anyone who would like to make a donation can do so following the service or by sending it to Little and Caine, in Dalkeith Street, Barrow.
First published at 16:31, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|