Funeral date set for Barrow man with ‘big heart’
Last updated at 09:37, Friday, 14 February 2014
THE funeral date has been set for a respected Barrow rugby fan and charity fundraiser who died last week.
Peter Millican, a former commercial manager for Barrow Raiders, died on February 5, aged 46.
His body was spotted in water near Askam Pier by a member of the public.
Mr Millican’s funeral is set to take place on Monday February 17 at Thorncliffe Crematorium, in Barrow, at 12.15pm
His fiancee Jane O’Hare paid tribute to “a big man with a heart to match” in the Evening Mail last week.
He is survived by his daughter Jade, his brother Ian and sister Brenda.
Donations in memory of Mr Millican, of Abbey Road, Barrow, will go to Askam Inshore Rescue and the Wooden Spoon children’s charity.
Anyone who would like to make a donation can do so following the service or by sending it to Little and Caine, in Dalkeith Street, Barrow.
First published at 16:31, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Pet dog attacked by Staffie in Barrow woodland (88 comments)
- South Cumbria ceremonies mark centenary of First World War (52 comments)
- South Cumbria owners rush to defence of ‘friendly and loving’ dogs
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (18 comments)
- Bobbie Goulding rejects Barrow Raiders contract offer (20 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|