Funeral date set for Barrow man with ‘big heart’
Last updated at 09:37, Friday, 14 February 2014
THE funeral date has been set for a respected Barrow rugby fan and charity fundraiser who died last week.
Peter Millican, a former commercial manager for Barrow Raiders, died on February 5, aged 46.
His body was spotted in water near Askam Pier by a member of the public.
Mr Millican’s funeral is set to take place on Monday February 17 at Thorncliffe Crematorium, in Barrow, at 12.15pm
His fiancee Jane O’Hare paid tribute to “a big man with a heart to match” in the Evening Mail last week.
He is survived by his daughter Jade, his brother Ian and sister Brenda.
Donations in memory of Mr Millican, of Abbey Road, Barrow, will go to Askam Inshore Rescue and the Wooden Spoon children’s charity.
Anyone who would like to make a donation can do so following the service or by sending it to Little and Caine, in Dalkeith Street, Barrow.
First published at 16:31, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|