Fun in the sun as Cumbria families enjoy a taste of summer
Last updated at 12:00, Wednesday, 08 May 2013
SCORCHING sunshine and blue skies brought a taste of glorious summer to South Cumbria this bank holiday.
Furness families made the most of the glorious weather by packing into Ford Park in Ulverston, Barrow Park and Walney’s beaches.
The warm weather in parts of Britain was set to beat temperatures in sunny European destinations including the Cote d’Azur in France and the Spanish island of Majorca.
Yesterday was predicted to be the hottest day in Britain so far this year. The sunny weather was expected to last until today with temperatures set to hit 23C in some parts.
But it is expected to be short-lived as northern, central and eastern parts of England as well as Scotland will see temperatures plummet for the rest of the week.
The warmest corresponding bank holiday Monday in recent years was in 2008 when London reached 23C.
First published at 10:18, Wednesday, 08 May 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|