Freed Millom stalker faces online posts ban
Last updated at 15:49, Sunday, 27 July 2014
A STALKER from Millom has been freed from prison but told if he posts anything online he will be sent straight back.
Michael John Paley, of Salthouse Road was on Thursday released on bail in a hearing at Furness Magistrates’ Court ahead of a trial set to take place on August 4.
Paley, 49, was 35 days into a four-month sentence but was released on bail after an application from his solicitor, Mr Andrew Gibson, during a hearing ahead of the trial.
Paley is alleged to have published an online blog containing false information about Hannah Williamson on May 5.
Mr Gibson said: “He’s remanded in custody at present, purely and simply because he’s a serving prisoner.
“This was case was started by a postal requisition, a new form of summons.
“We ask for bail now but there would need to be conditions.
“There should be a condition not to contact her (Hannah Williamson) in any way and I think because of Mr Paley’s history, there should be a condition not to post anything on the internet, including social media.”
Mrs Lisa Hine, prosecuting, said: “I agree entirely.”
Paley was jailed after being found guilty of stalking following a trial on June 9.
He was spotted on three occasions between January 9 and February 17 last year, lurking in the lane behind Sally Carter’s home in Steel Green, Millom, wearing tiny shorts and a vest top.
Last week he lost an appeal to overturn his conviction for stalking but his 26-week jail term was reduced to four months.
Paley will stand trial charged with publishing false information online in Furness Magistrates’ Court on August 4. He previously pleaded not guilty to the offence.
First published at 15:47, Sunday, 27 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Unexplained death in Windermere investigated by police
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- A590 path repair project announced
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|