Former senior Cumbrian cop suspended from new force
Last updated at 13:21, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
A FORMER assistant chief constable with Cumbria Police has been suspended from his role with the Lincolnshire force.
Neil Rhodes, who was acting chief constable of Lincolnshire Police was removed from his role by Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick.
Mr Rhodes spent nearly four years with Cumbria Police and left the county in October 2008.
His suspension comes after Mr Hardwick was “made aware of potential conduct matters” involving the senior officer.
A statement issued by Mr Hardwick’s office said: “The commissioner can confirm that Mr Rhodes has been suspended from duty while investigations are being considered.
“It should be emphasised that suspension is a neutral act and it should not be inferred from the decision to suspend that the potential conduct matters have been proven.”
Mr Rhodes took over as temporary head of Lincolnshire Police when former chief constable Richard Crompton retired in March last year.
Having joined Lincolnshire Police as a constable in 1986, Mr Rhodes also worked in senior roles in Humberside before being appointed as deputy chief constable of Lincolnshire in November 2008.
The statement, which was also posted on the Lincolnshire Police website, added: “Following consultation with the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC), the matters in question have been referred to them.”
First published at 13:18, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Drugs importer: I thought it was paper
- UPDATE: Barrow police search for missing woman
- Raid on Barrow pet shop owner shown in Jeremy Kyle legal highs expose (3 comments)
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Woman attacked in Windermere
- Dalton eatery to shut amid defeat
- Drilling platform on Windermere
- NOSTALGIA GALLERY: Take a step back in time to 90s
- Lakes tourism to suffer as result of swim cancellation
- Gluten-free challenge - day five
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|