Former senior Cumbrian cop suspended from new force
Last updated at 13:21, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
A FORMER assistant chief constable with Cumbria Police has been suspended from his role with the Lincolnshire force.
Neil Rhodes, who was acting chief constable of Lincolnshire Police was removed from his role by Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick.
Mr Rhodes spent nearly four years with Cumbria Police and left the county in October 2008.
His suspension comes after Mr Hardwick was “made aware of potential conduct matters” involving the senior officer.
A statement issued by Mr Hardwick’s office said: “The commissioner can confirm that Mr Rhodes has been suspended from duty while investigations are being considered.
“It should be emphasised that suspension is a neutral act and it should not be inferred from the decision to suspend that the potential conduct matters have been proven.”
Mr Rhodes took over as temporary head of Lincolnshire Police when former chief constable Richard Crompton retired in March last year.
Having joined Lincolnshire Police as a constable in 1986, Mr Rhodes also worked in senior roles in Humberside before being appointed as deputy chief constable of Lincolnshire in November 2008.
The statement, which was also posted on the Lincolnshire Police website, added: “Following consultation with the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC), the matters in question have been referred to them.”
First published at 13:18, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Ulverston mural to screen icon vandalised
- Isolation and a ‘hidden hungry’ are key issues
- Big swing would be required for red Barrow seat to change colour
- More than 120 Cumbria and Lancashire jobs at risk
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|