Former Barrow nightclub demolition gets green light
Last updated at 15:26, Tuesday, 24 June 2014
PERMISSION has been granted for a former Barrow nightclub to be demolished.
Former Barrow Raiders chairman Stephen Johnson has been given the green light by Barrow Borough Council to demolish the first floor of the derelict Geronimos nightclub, which adjoins Barrow Raiders’ Craven Park ground.
Rugby club chairman David Sharpe revealed last month that the club was in talks with Mr Johnson over a potential long-term view to redevelop the site.
In the past it was used as the supporters’ club.
First published at 15:06, Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Power station will bring ‘much-needed investment’ (5 comments)
- ‘It’s only a spliff’, Barrow court told
- Cumbrian riders line up to take centre stage at country’s big-name shows
- Injured storyteller Gary battles on
- The Carlisle woman who will become an Antony Gormley work of art
- Fake fags warning
- Cumbrian primary school closed for second day
- Owl centre’s long distance rescue
- Cavendish Street Closure
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|