Former Barrow nightclub demolition gets green light
Last updated at 15:26, Tuesday, 24 June 2014
PERMISSION has been granted for a former Barrow nightclub to be demolished.
Former Barrow Raiders chairman Stephen Johnson has been given the green light by Barrow Borough Council to demolish the first floor of the derelict Geronimos nightclub, which adjoins Barrow Raiders’ Craven Park ground.
Rugby club chairman David Sharpe revealed last month that the club was in talks with Mr Johnson over a potential long-term view to redevelop the site.
In the past it was used as the supporters’ club.
First published at 15:06, Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|