Flooding investigation to begin on Cumbrian road
Last updated at 12:13, Friday, 30 November 2012
OVERNIGHT work to investigate the cause of flooding along a section of the A590 near Ulverston will get underway on Monday.
The work, which will include cleaning as well as surveying carriageway levels between Hoad Lane and Arrad Foot junctions, will be completed by Wednesday December 12.
All the work will be confined to overnight periods between 8pm and 6am each night.
The survey work will move along the route, around Newland, in phases. Dual carriageway sections of the A590 between the two junctions will be subject to single lane closures while single carriageway sections will require the use of temporary traffic lights to manage traffic past the night’s working area.
The survey will help Highways Agency contractors design an improvement scheme involving renewal or repair of the drainage system.
Highways Agency project sponsor Peter Gee said: “This is important work to identify the cause of occasional flooding along this section of the A590 and help us come up with a solution.
“We have timed the work to take place overnight when traffic levels are low although the work may result in some disturbance to local residents. We will be doing our best to ensure any inconvenience to drivers and residents is kept to a minimum."
The work is part of a commitment in the Highways Agency’s recently-published new route management strategy to investigate and tackle flooding issues along the A590.
First published at 12:12, Friday, 30 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|